As a Linux Systems Administrator, you will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of our cluster which currently consists of more than 100 Linux servers which are hosted in Germany. The ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring that hardware, operating system, software, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff and Partners. He will participate in technical research and development to enable continuous innovation within the infrastructure.
- Daily monitoring and maintenance of servers.
- Create and manage automated server tasks for unscheduled or routine operations.
- Install new software, system upgrades, evaluate and install patches.
- Complete security audits on a routine basis.
- Troubleshoot and resolve operating system problems, identify hardware failures.
- Maintain and review system logs and reports.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- In-depth knowledge of Linux.
- Good knowledge of TCP and HTTP stack.
- Good knowledge of shell scripting. Experience in any of perl/python will be considered a plus.
- Basic knowledge of configuring / troubleshooting major web-related software (i.e. nginx, apache, haproxy).
- Basic understanding of database administration.
- Basic understanding of virtualization in Linux (XEN/KVM, Openstack experience will be considered a plus)
Qualifications and Requirements
- University or College Degree in Computer Science.
- Excellent command of English, both written and oral.
- Team spirit and excellent communication skills.
- Passionate about web-related technologies.
- Discipline, Diligence, Accountability.
- Desire for continuous learning and skills improvement.
- Fulfilled military obligations.
- Willing to work on a rotating on-call duty schedule.
- Attractive Remuneration Package.
- Medical insurance plan.
- Work in an international, dynamic and fun atmosphere among young and smart people.
- Huge learning experience in using best practices and cutting-edge technologies.
- Challenging engineering projects in an interesting and complex travel industry.