Reporting to the IT Manager as a Linux Systems Administrator, you will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of our clustered services spread around 180+ Linux servers hosted in various European Datacenters. The ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring that hardware, operating system, software, and related procedures adhere to organizational values. We are looking for a highly self-driven, agile, restless and passionate candidate, that will participate in technical research and development to enable continuous innovation within our highly available infrastructure.
- Engineering of systems administration-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Provision / maintain servers and hardware which support infrastructure and/or R&D activities.
- Install and maintain OS and security patches on the operational and development system.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain security posture of the system in accordance with relevant compliance standards (PCI-DSS, GDPR etc).
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage resources.
- Participate in on-call shifts.
Skills and Knowledge
- Preferably a Bachelor’s degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science.
- In-depth knowledge of Linux. Any certification will be considered a plus.
- At least three years of systems administration experience in Linux environments.
- Familiar with monitoring tools (graphite, ELK, nagios).
- Experience in configuration management tools (salt, ansible).
- Good knowledge of web services such as Nginx, Apache, Haproxy.
- Experience in scripting languages (bash, python, perl).
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP.
- Familiar with Cloud platforms such as Azure and AWS.
- Experience in Virtualisation environments (KVM, Vmware).
- Basic database administration (MySQL preferred).
- Willing to work on a rotating on-call duty schedule.
- Fulfilled military obligations.
- Team player.
- Proven ability to multi-task.
- Independent, self-starter and involved in open source projects.
- Passionate about web-related technologies.
- Disciplined, Diligent and Accountable.
- Desire for continuous learning and skills improvement.
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written correspondence) in a professional and courteous manner with technical and non-technical personnel.
- Attractive Remuneration Package.
- Medical insurance plan.
- Work in an international, dynamic and fun atmosphere among young and smart people.
- Huge learning experience in using best practices and cutting-edge technologies.
- Challenging engineering projects in an interesting and complex travel industry.