Are you the total guru when it comes to web applications? Did you dream of coding since you were a newborn? Does the idea of working for a cool online company fascinate you?
Well, then this role was made for you! Get ready to join the largest Online Travel Agency in South Eastern Europe, with a footprint that covers more than 45 countries, become member of the awesome Product Development team and work in our fantastic offices in the heart of Athens!
As a Software Engineer, your main responsibilities will be to implement high quality and precision in coding practices, developing new features on travelplanet24.com, airtickets.com & tripsta.com, maintaining existing features and implementing business logic rules through automated tests and readable, maintainable code using design patterns and high quality standards.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Strong understanding of web architecture (HTTP, REST, SOAP), SOA patterns.
- Understanding of distributed operating systems (Windows, Linux, Unix).
- Good knowledge on relational (MySQL) and document based (Mongo, Couchbase) databases.
- Excellent knowledge of Object Oriented Programming.
Desired Skills and Knowledge
- Experience on distributed version control systems (git).
- Using ORM for database access.
- Excellent understanding of the MVC pattern in Web Applications.
- Design patterns/anti-patterns knowledge.
- Good experience with unit testing (PHPUnit, rspec, python unit test, trial, JUnit) and integration/functional testing.
- Experience with key value storage engines (Redis, memcache, Couchbase).
- Previous experience with agile methodologies – scrum.
- Hands on experience in java Spring Framework, Hibernate, Gradle.
- Knowledge in java technologies such as JPA, Drools, Maven, Spring MVC, Wicket, Tomcat application server.
- Aspect Oriented Programming knowledge.
- Open source contributions.
Qualifications and key competencies
- University or College Degree in Computer Science.
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in the field of Development.
- Excellent command of English, both written and oral.
- Team spirit and excellent communication skills.
- Passionate about web-related technologies.
- Discipline, Diligence, Accountability.
- “Out of the box” thinking.
- Desire for continuous learning and skills improvement.
- Fulfilled military obligations.