Do you have 1-2 years working experience on PHP?
Yes? Great! We’ll make the best use of your experience and help you evolve!
No? Great again! As long as you are a PHP lover, you have sufficient knowledge on this coding language and you have the passion to learn, that’s all we need!
So, get ready to join the largest Online Travel Agency in South Eastern Europe, use cutting edge technologies and work in our fantastic offices in the heart of Athens! Our trusted brands, Tripsta, airtickets, and Travelplanet24 are preferred by more than a million loyal travelers throughout the 45 global markets that we presently operate in.
- Resolve reported issues and reply to queries in a timely manner
- Review current systems, suggesting updates as needed
- Develop and implement new applications and tools to assist in product roadmaps
- Document designs, code, and all project assets in an organized and up-to-date manner
Required qualifications, skills & knowledge
- 1-2 years experience in the field of Development; if no working experience, at least proven experience in interesting development projects during studies
- Advanced knowledge of PHP, and good knowledge of Python and/or Java
- University or College Degree in Computer Science
- Good understanding of web architecture (HTTP, REST, SOAP), SOA patterns
- Understanding of distributed operating systems (Windows, Linux, Unix)
- Knowledge on relational (MySQL) and document based (Mongo, Couchbase) databases.
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming
- Excellent command of English, both written and oral
- Fulfilled military obligations
Desired Skills and Knowledge
- Experience on distributed version control systems (git)
- Using ORM for database access
- Good understanding of the MVC pattern in Web Applications
- Design patterns/anti-patterns knowledge
- Good experience with unit testing
- Experience with key value storage engines (Redis, memcache, Couchbase)
- Hands on experience in one php framework (zend, symfony, laravel)
- Open source contributions
- Passionate about web-related technologies
- Desire for continuous learning and skills improvement
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving capability
- Great attention to detail and time-management skills
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
- Team spirit and excellent communication skills