Are you a master when it comes to cutting-edge technologies? Do you enjoy leading and mentoring within an agile environment? Do you have an organized and creative mindset that drives you to find innovative solutions to common problems?
Well, then this role was made for you! Get ready to join the largest Online Travel Agency in South Eastern Europe, lead the awesome Product Development team and work in our fantastic offices in the heart of Athens! Our trusted brands, Tripsta, airtickets, and Travelplanet24 are preferred by more than a million loyal travelers throughout the 45 global markets that we presently operate in.
As the Lead Software Architect, you will contribute to the company’s strategic vision from a technical perspective. You will be leading a rapidly growing team of 30 software engineers and taking ownership of strategy and engineering culture.
- Provide the vision and direction for the short and long-term technical strategy, taking into consideration the product roadmap and technology trends, and suggesting areas for innovation through technology
- Take ownership of the existing software landscape and planned developments and ensure the product technical strategy and roadmap is aligned with the business plan
- Be responsive and decisive on adjusting the product architecture as market conditions and technology evolve
- Ensure iterative and incremental development process within the software development lifecycle
- Be responsible for the quality of code, the architecture and design patterns
- Work closely with Product Owners & cross-functional teams to understand product roadmap and deliver high quality outcome
- Discover and implement innovative technologies that yield competitive advantage
- Supervise system infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Oversee and improve the development process, track new industry trends and technologies, analyze and apply best practices, while always ensuring alignment with the agile development process
- Manage a high caliber engineering team, set the vision and provide guidance, coaching and mentorship to tech leads as well as individual contributors
- Prioritize engineering projects with various metrics in mind: business value, impact on product, user experience, traffic, revenue, and engineering complexity
- Maintain hands-on involvement in coding and technical discussions. Keep your skills up to date and maintain a deep understanding of the product and underlying technology
- Participate in strategic and operational decisions, consulting with other business leaders to define technology needs and subsequent roadmaps for implementation
- Translate business and technical conversations into a cohesive and achievable strategy, vision and execution plan