Do you have 1-2 years working experience on Java?
Yes? Great! We’ll make the best use of your experience and help you evolve!
No? Great again! As long as you are a Java lover, you have sufficient knowledge on this coding language and you have the passion to learn, that’s all we need!
So, get ready to join the largest Online Travel Agency in South Eastern Europe, use cutting edge technologies and work in our fantastic offices in the heart of Athens! Our trusted brands, Tripsta, airtickets, and Travelplanet24 are preferred by more than a million loyal travelers throughout the 45 global markets that we presently operate in.
- Resolve reported issues and reply to queries in a timely manner
- Review current systems, suggesting updates as needed
- Develop and implement new applications and tools to assist in product roadmaps
- Document designs, code, and all project assets in an organized and up-to-date manner.
Required qualifications, skills & knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field required; master’s degree is a plus
- Up to 2 years of experience in java development; if no working experience, please provide proven experience in interesting development projects during studies.
- Ability to perform Object Oriented code design using common design patterns
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (I.e., Struts, Spring MVC, JSF)
- Experience working in Unix/Linux environments
- Good knowledge of web services including SOAP and REST
- Good knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and Java ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Excellent command of English, both written and oral
- Fulfilled military obligations
Desired Skills and Knowledge
- Experience in the Spring Framework
- Experience with test-driven development in java (Junit, Mockito)
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular java web framework (JSF, Spring MVC, Strus2)
- Experience on distributed version control systems (git)
- Sound knowledge of one NoSQL database either key-value (Redis, Memchached) or document based (MongoDB, Couchbase)
- Familiarity with build tools such as Ant, Maven, and Gradle
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Good knowledge in python is considered a plus
- Domain experience is considered a plus (aviation / airline or even transportation)
- Passionate about web-related technologies
- Desire for continuous learning and skills improvement
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving capability
- Great attention to detail and time-management skills
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
- Team spirit and excellent communication skills